} -->

Monday 13 May 2013

Bananatastic Oatmeal Face Mask

Makes 2 face masks
Preparation time: 4 minutes


I already told you how much I love porridge. In fact I love it so much I even put it on my face! I am a massive fan of Lush cosmetics, not only are their products made with all natural ingredients,  cruelty free and mostly vegan, but on top of that they are other wordly. Take me to a lush store and I'll be like a kid in a candy factory. Oh and their staff are always so friendly and helpful. But let's face(mask) it - yep, I had to go there - they can be pretty costly so here's the DIY equivalent of their popular Oatifix face mask. It took me 4 minutes to make and you won't  have to go in search of any enigmatic ingredients, I promise, unless you find bananas and oatmeal enigmatic.. 

This left my skin feeling soft and happy. I would recommend this for oily or acne-prone skin types.

I know, god damn sexy, right? Maybe I'll go out like this tonight.
So here goes..

Ingredients
1/2 banana, mashed
1/4 cup of fine oatmeal
1/4 tsp coconut oil
1/2 T ground almonds (I used almond flour so it was already super fine)
1/2 T apple cidar vinegar
2 tsp water
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla powder from a vanilla pod



Directions
Mash all the ingredients up in a small bowl. Apply to clean skin and leave on for about 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. Beaauuutiful skin!

And Voilà! Happy Skin.. and a bonus view
 of my washing machine

Keep any leftovers in the fridge with a drop of lemon juice mixed, it should keep a couple of days.


Or you could just eat it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment